Top Knots and Curly Locks

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Best and Worst Dressed: SAG Awards

"I got my first taste of acting when I was in pre-school., after that I was hooked.  While other kids spent their afternoons and evenings at sporting and social events, I was at rehearsal.  I refused to let anything get in the way of my focus and dreams.  I'm Angela Pino and I'm an actress."

I can only dream of saying something similar to that at the SAG Awards.  I love how year after year they select a few people to give a brief overview of how they got where they are.

Enough of that, though, let's get on to the fashion!

WORST: 
 Amanda Peet:
I have searched high and low and cannot find out who Amanda is wearing.  If you know, please let me know in the comments.  This dress is too much.  While I like the sequin design of the dress, it would be much better as a skirt, or even shorts!  The mesh sleeves are great, but again, not with the dress. 

Julie Bowen
This Carolina Herrera dress reminds me of a Jedi suit from "Star Wars."  Julie is is so tiny that this dress just hangs on her.  It does nothing for her.

Juliette Lewis
This is another one of those dresses that would be better as a skirt...or even a blouse.  That being said, I do love the color and the neck of this Vivienne Westwood dress. 

Rose Leslie
I don't know where to start with this Temperley London top and skirt.  I don't understand the piece at all.  Maybe if the top were black that would help a little, but the purple is lost on me.  Rose looks like she pulled two pieces of clothing from opposite ends of her closet and put them together to wear to the awards.

Sarah Paulson
Sarah looks like she is dressing up to go to a 4-year-old's tea party in this frilly Rochas cocktail dress.  The top of the dress would make a cute blouse but that's about it.  The skirt hits high which cuts Sarah in half and makes her seem shorter than her 5'6 frame.

BEST:
Lupita Nyong'o
I planned on not repeating people from the Golden Globes list but Lupita convinced me to change my mind in this stunning Gucci dress.  Lupita has not only taken the industry by storm with her role in 12 Years a Slave, she is taking over the fashion world, too!  I challenge someone to find a color that does not look good on her.  She nailed it with this turquoise color.  Lupita is definitely the one to look for on the red carpet at the Oscars.

Amy Adams
Amy was stunning in this royal blue Antonio Berardi dress.  The neckline and shoulder cut-out are gorgeous!  The belt on the dress is perfect as is the slit.

Hannah Simone
Hannah looked every part the Grecian goddess in Marchesa.  I love the flow of the dress and the collar. Keeping her make-up simple and having her hair up was a great way to show off the dress.

Isla Fischer
Isla brought some old Hollywood glam to the red carpet in Oscar de la Renta.  I am a huge fan of de la Renta and absolutely love this gown.  The shape of the dress and the v-cut neckline are both to die for!

Kelly Osbourne
Fresh from a break up and looking fierce!  Kelly Osbourne was stunning in a hand-stitched Zac Posen dress.  The ribbed texture to the dress is beautiful!  And I can't forget that neckline and cap-sleeves.  Just in case we needed conformation, this dress seals the deal as to why Kelly is part of the TV show Fashion Police.


No comments:

Post a Comment