Top Knots and Curly Locks

Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Book Review

If that's not true love, then I don't know what is.  Here's a look at the books I read this month.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
I read this book several years ago but it was the assigned book for my book club this month so I read it again.  The first time around, I thought it was just okay, but enjoyed it more this time around.  After reading the book and seeing previews for the movie, I'm excited for it to be released in June.  

Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend
This is another one of those books I picked up from work and it was just okay.  The story follows a middle school girl who is forced to live with her dad and stepmom after her mom is diagnosed as bi-polar.  To top it all off, her BFF has just dumped her and her stepmom is only 10 years older than she is.  I wish the relationships would have been developed more than what they were.

I Said Yes by Emily Maynard Johnson
If you guys know anything about me by now, you know I LOVE The Bachelor franchise.  As soon as Emily's book was released, I had to get my hands on it.  She is a WV girl, you know! ;)  The book was an easy read but nowhere near as juicy as I would have liked.  I wanted more details than what she shared.  I liked learning about her life before the show, but the portions about the show and the failed relationships were just kind of blah.  Then when she got to present day, I felt her relationship with her husband was rushed in writing and just kind of thrown in there.  Also, I wish there would have been pictures in the book, I want to see behind the scenes pictures from the show!  Maybe it was just my e-reader edition?

What books have you read this month?  I'm always up for suggestions!  Be sure to follow me on Goodreads to keep up with all my reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment