Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded With: Book Edition

Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for Stranded With... Today's theme is books and you have no idea how hard this is for me; I love love love reading! I'm sure if you ask me again in a week I'll give you different answers. Can I just take my Kindle and have that count as one book? Kidding, kidding! Except not really. ;) These are my answers...for now.

I'd start off by taking my Bible. I once heard that the Bible is a love letter to us from God that should be read over and over. 

Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick
This was the first book of Lori's that I read and was instantly hooked. It's such an uplifting and inspiring story and made me strive to be a better person. I often found myself asking "What would Sophie do?" Lori Wick is a great Christian romance/fiction author and this book has been one of my favorites for years.

The Christmas Tree by Julie Salamon
Now I know it's not Christmastime, but this book holds a special place in my heart. Before my Nana died, we would make Chex Mix and read Christmas books while it baked every year. This was one of the first books we read together and one of my favorite ones that we read. I would be very specific that the copy of the book I take with me be the copy my Nana gave me, that way I would have some of her with me.

If you're interested in linking up with us, here's a list of topics for the year!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read Sophie's Heart for years, but I remember it being really good! And what a sweet tradition you and your Nana had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when books have a sentimental connection. That last one is precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie's Heart! I wouldn't have to take it with me, though, as I practically have it memorized :-)

    ReplyDelete