Top Knots and Curly Locks

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Reverse French Manicure

Lately, in all my magazines they've been saying the reverse manicure is going to be hot this season.  Now, I love nail polish.  I could sit and look at polishes and their names all day long.  When it comes to painting my nails, no color is too out there for me to try.  So during a study break from microeconomics, I decided to try my hand at the reverse manicure.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

What I did was I painted my entire nail the color I wanted as my "tip".  Then, after the first coat was dry, I placed tape on the bottom of my nail to protect the part I wanted left the first color and also to give me a straight line.  Once that coat dried, I topped with a clear coat and viola!  I'm sure I'll get better at it with practice, but for the first time and during a study break, I was pretty pleased with it.


Bottom coat is Poppy from aerie and top coat is Skin Tight Denim Creme from NYC.
Ring is from Premier Jewelery

No comments:

Post a Comment