Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jessica and Ashlee Simspon to collaborate on tween line

According to "Women's Wear Daily", Jessica and Ashlee Simpson will serve as co-creative directors for a new tween line to add to the Jessica Simpson Collection.  The line will launch this fall.  The clothes are geared towards the fashion-forward tween and features denim, sportswear, activewear and footwear to name a few.

The sisters' styles are very different so it will be interesting to see how they work together to create a line.  I think Ashlee's rocker edge will relate to a lot of different girls.  I have worn Jessica Simpson shoes since they launched.  With my narrow foot, her flats used to be the only thing that fit me.  Recently the heels in her shoes have been getting wider and I haven't been able to wear as many of the new shoes as I would like.  I'm absolutely in love with a pair of her nude pumps, but they're too wide for my foot.

The Jessica Simpson Collection started in 2005 and now has 22 different licenses.  At the end of last year, the brand was carried in 650 department stores with the big ones being Macy's, Dillard's and Belk.  The brand earned more than $750 million last year making it the top selling celebrity brand.  It is expected to break $1 billion in sales this year which would make it the first in history for celebrity brands.

I'm excited to see how their two styles combine to make this new line.  Does anyone else have any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment