Top Knots and Curly Locks

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Rent The Runway: A Review

As some of you may know, I was lucky enough to attend this year's Grammy Awards as part of the mosh pit.  This was my second year going and I had a blast.  I saw some incredible performances and some living legends.

When I applied to be a part of this pit this year, I had no idea what I was going to wear.  Last year, I went with a trusted red sequined dress that's fabulous.  This year, though, I was stumped.  I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a new dress nor are there many places to buy fancy dresses in Huntington.  I decided to try something different this year, Rent The Runway.

Several of the celebrities I follow on Instagram have posted pictures wearing dresses from the site but I hadn't actually met anyone who had used them.  I was a little nervous but read through their website and decided I would try a cheaper dress and take a back-up with me to LA.  After days of deliberation and asking people's advice, I ordered Yigal Azrouel's Ian se Beijing dress.  The dress retails for upwards of $1,200 but I got it for a total of $60!

I had a great first experience with Rent The Runway.  I went ahead and added in the second size for free just in case.  My dress arrived on time in a cute box.  I got to keep the fabulous garment bag the dresses came in as well as the hangers with the company's logo.  The return process was super easy!  A pre-paid UPS envelope came with the dresses so all I had to do was put them in that and drop it off.  The hardest part was finding a UPS in LA, but we did!

My only complaint is that I had to pay almost $20 in shipping, taxes and insurance!  The dress was only $40 but then tack on all the extra fees... :(  Oh well, I had a great experience and LOVED LOVED LOVED the dress.  I can't wait to use the company again.  If you're interested in using them, let me know and I can give you a code, that way we both get credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment