Top Knots and Curly Locks

Friday, October 10, 2014

Rent the Runway: A Review

As some of you may know, I was lucky enough to attend this year's Grammy Awards as part of the mosh pit.  This was my second year going and I had a blast.  I saw some incredible performances and some living legends.

When I applied to be a part of this pit this year, I had no idea what I was going to wear.  Last year, I went with a trusted red sequined dress that's fabulous.  This year, though, I was stumped.  I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a new dress nor are there many places to buy fancy dresses in Huntington.  I decided to try something different this year, Rent The Runway.

Several of the celebrities I follow on Instagram have posted pictures wearing dresses from the site but I hadn't actually met anyone who had used them.  I was a little nervous but read through their website and decided I would try a cheaper dress and take a back-up with me to LA.  After days of deliberation and asking people's advice, I ordered Yigal Azrouel's Ian se Beijing dress.  The dress retails for upwards of $1,200 but I got it for a total of $60!


I had a great first experience with Rent The Runway.  After placing the order, I realized I entered the address incorrectly and freaked out; however, customer service was great and changes were made within minutes.  I went ahead and added in the second size for free just in case.  My dress arrived on time in a cute box.  I got to keep the fabulous garment bag the dresses came in as well as the hangers with the company's logo.  The return process was super easy!  A pre-paid UPS envelope came with the dresses so all I had to do was put them in that and drop it off.  The hardest part was finding a UPS in LA, but we did!


My experience with RTR was so great, that I quickly became a pro-member.  For $30, you get free shipping and insurance (a $20 value!) plus a free birthday dress (up to $50!).  I used RTR for a wedding I was in a couple weeks ago.  I rented two dresses.  One dress didn't fit, so I filled out a form and sent it back within 24 hours and was credited the amount of the dress.  The second dress, Lilly Pulitzer's Freja Dress, was so cute and fit like a glove!  It was girly and perfect for the rehearsal wedding.  Plus, included in the order, I was sent a little care kit consisting of Q-Tips and a face scrub/mask.

Have you used Rent the Runway?  If so, what did you think?  If you haven't, let me know and I'll send you a referral code, that way we both get credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment