Top Knots and Curly Locks

Sunday, February 1, 2015

New Month Resolutions: February

The past couple of years instead of New Year's Resolutions, I've tried doing New Month Resolutions.  I hate to admit that I haven't done very well with the follow through, but I'm hoping this year will be different.  Now I have you guys to keep me accountable!  I'm hoping that by sharing my monthly resolutions with you, I'll do better following them.  Before, I would try to make my monthly goals but not tell anyone.  Hopefully, now that the goals are out in the open, I'll do better!

Why every month? I hope that by adding in small changes every month, it becomes habit.  I've heard it takes 20-30 times for something to become a habit.  Maybe that's why there are roughly 30 days in every month?  My goal is that by the end of the month, it doesn't feel like an effort.

February New Month Resolutions
1. 10,000 steps a day: I didn't meet this one last month so it's one I'm going to keep working towards.  2. Hang up coat: I'm terrible about getting home and just hanging my coat on the back of a chair.  During February, I'm going to make it a habit to hang up coat up after every wearing.
3. Read 4 books: Last February I read 3 books so this year I'm challenging myself to read 4 books throughout the month.
4. Fewer yellow lights: Lately I've become guilty of speeding up to take yellow lights, but not any more.  During February I'm really going to work on slowing down, not speeding up, when I see yellow.

What are your New Month Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment