Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Carpool Book Club


I'm linking up with Narci today as part of Carpool Book Club.  The 3rd Wednesday of every month we're linking up to make new friends, talk about books we've read, give reviews and get recommendations.  I'm listing all the books I've read since May 20th, the last Carpool Book Club.

This is a Love Story by Jessica Thompson
I loved this debut novel from Jessica Thompson.  It's a love story, but neither person knows the other one likes them.  Throughout the novel there were several times I wanted to yell at the main characters and let them know the other person loves them back!  It's frustrating, but I loved every minute of it -- the "will they, won't they?" kept me turning every page.  This is a great Chick Lit read for the beach.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
I first read this book, and several from the series, back when I was in middle school.  The Hallmark Channel recently made a movie out of the book; I haven't seen it yet but decided to reread the series -- which is up to 18 books!  Even though the books focus on murders, they are easy reads about a small town baker, Hannah, who has a knack for finding dead bodies.  Possibly my favorite part of the book is the fact that it includes recipes!!  I'm sure throughout the next few Carpool Book Clubs you'll be seeing several of these books.

The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You by Jessica Alba
This is a super easy read and an informative book.  All of the information can be a little overwhelming, but Jessica Alba says the book is to be used as a guide and something you can reference constantly.  While the book does suggest using products from Alba's company The Honest Company, she gives DIY recipes and other products to try.  I can't wait to try some of her tips to make my life healthier.

What books have you read this month?  I can't wait to get new book suggestions.  Follow me on Goodreads to keep up with all my reads and I hope you'll join us next month, July 15th!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out This is a Love Story, sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was great that it wasn't the typical "boy meets girl, boy gets girl" story. You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

      Delete