Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

NYFW Day 3 Part 1: Katie Gallagher


There's nothing like waking up at 6:30 a.m. and learning you were put on to work a show last minute and have a call time at 8:30 a.m. and have an hour commute!  That's what happened to me on Day 3 (Friday, 9/11) of fashion week.  Plus, I was checking into a hotel later that afternoon and had to drop off my bags on the way to work.  Thank goodness I packed the night before (against my mom's orders!  She told me to go to bed and pack in the morning since we thought I had a 10 a.m. call time).  After a few stops, I finally made it to the morning show: Katie Gallagher.

This 29-year-old designer has already caught the eye of Vogue Italia, Elle and Interview.  She was named one of The New York Times style magazine T's "magnificent 7" in 2009 as well as being a semi-finalist in the 2009/2010 Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Search for Emerging Fashion Designers.  Several of Katie's designs have been pulled by Lady Gaga's stylist.  When it comes to her design method, Katie starts everything with a painting and then tries to create the clothes from that."
Backstage

Getting ready!

Backstage before the show started.

How cute is this heart cutout in the back of the dress?







Be sure to come back tomorrow for part 2 and it's all about Betsey Johnson!  It's a post you don't want to miss!


No comments:

Post a Comment