Top Knots and Curly Locks

Monday, November 30, 2015

November Book Review

This makes me giggle because it is so true!  Now let's get straight to the books.  Here's a look at what I've read this month.

Playing with Heartstrings by Lydia Winters
I was sent a free copy of this book for my honest, unbiased opinion. I'm not going to lie, I was a little hesitant reading a LDS book, mainly because I'm not that familiar with the Mormon religion. That being said, I LOVED the book! You don't have to know anything about the religion to understand or appreciate the book.  The book focuses on Sienna, a young woman who got pregnant as a teenager and gave her baby up for adoption, and Aaron, a young man who was adopted as a child and feels out of place in his family. As the two become closer, Sienna is forced to decide if she should keep her history of being a birth mother a secret, or risk telling Aaron. Then throw in the fact that Sienna's baby's bio dad comes back into the picture and I couldn't read the book fast enough.

Not Your Match by Lindzee Armstrong
You guys know how much I love Lindzee, right?  (P.S. She also rights under the name Lydia Winters -- see the book above!!) Well, she sent me an advanced copy of this book which made me love her even more!  I absolutely loved this book and couldn't read it fast enough! This book is so unique because it took a minor character from another book I loved and told her side of the story. I liked Andi enough during the first book, but after reading this book and hearing her story, I love her! Her relationship with Ben is so sweet and there were times throughout the book I wanted to reach in there and shake both of them and say "YOU BOTH HAVE FEELINGS FOR ONE ANOTHER!!!" One of the best things about this book is that you can pick it up and just read it without reading any of the others in the series (though I highly recommend that you do!!).  Lindzee doesn't disappoint with this follow up book and I'm already looking forward to the third installment in the series and hope she continues on past three! (Hint hint!! ;) ) In true Lindzee fashion, this book is very wholesome and clean. I cannot say it enough how much I appreciate and admire that in her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment