Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 11/25/15


Happy Wednesday before Thanksgiving!  I'm linking up with Shay, Mel and Sheaffer for my first ever What's Up Wednesday.


1. What we're eating this week...
Other than all the turkey and side dishes we're eating tomorrow, I've been making cookies getting prepped for the 2nd Annual 12 Cookies of Christmas.  To see all of last year's cookies, click here.

2. What I'm reminiscing about...
When my grandmother was alive, we made homemade Chex Mix and read Christmas books while it baked.  I always think about that and her around this time of year.

3. What I'm loving...
I'm LOVING Bindi Irwin.  I didn't know much about her before Dancing With the Stars, but now that I've been introduced to her, I think she is the cutest. thing. ever.  She's full of joy, positivity and such happiness, I want to be more like her.

4. What we've been up to...
Woof Gang Bakery and Grooming is officially open!  While I don't officially work there, I live above the store and my friends own it so I'm down there all the time.

5. What I'm dreading...
I know it sounds cliche and generic, but I'm dreading the 9 hour drive back to New Jersey.

6. What I'm working on...
I'm officially working on J-14.  We got the January issue, the first issue I worked on, and saw this!! I was so excited I had to snap a picture.

7. What I'm excited about...
Besides the obvious answer of the holidays, my cousin is getting married December 19th in Miami and I can't wait.  I haven't been to Miami in 4 years so it will be good to visit with everyone down there.  Plus, I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding! ;)

8. What I'm watching/reading...
I'm reading Silver Girl by Elin Hildebrand, but as soon as I finish it, you better believe I'll be reading every Christmas book I can get my hands on.

9. What I'm listening to...
No shame over here, I've been listening to the new One Direction CD on repeat.

I've also been listening to the audiobook of Neil Patrick Harris' Choose Your Own Autobiography on my drives.  I love that NPH narrates it, that makes the book even better!

10. What I'm wearing...
Isn't this sweater the cutest?  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.  Not only is the saying cute, but the sweater itself is super soft and so comfy!  

11. What I'm doing this weekend
Remember how I said my grandma and I used to make homemade Chex mix?  Now, my grandfather and I make it every year and we're making it this weekend.  It's so yummy and I can't wait!

12. What I'm looking forward to next month...
I feel lame using the same answer about what I'm excited for, but that's what I'm looking forward to next month...the holiday's and my cousin's wedding.

13. What else is new...
Nothing.  Pretty boring right now, just working.

14. BONUS QUESTION: What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Every Christmas, we watch the movie Elf in our pajamas and my parents wear their elf costumes.  We've done this since I was in high school and it's a tradition I absolutely love.  We have a couple different families over and Dad makes a big pot of chili.  You HAVE to wear your pajamas, if you don't, you're forced to wear a pair of mine -- and I get to pick the pair.  To see last year's event, click here! It's the last Christmas movie we watch of the season to end the Pino Family Christmas Film Festival. (We kick off the season watching Christmas Vacation on Thanksgiving night and then watch as many movies as possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment