Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Top 8 Items in my Closet

Growing up in dance classes and musical theatre, I joke that I can only count to eight since almost everything is done in an eight count.  In honor of that, I have decided to do "Top 8".  For my first one, I'm doing the top eight things in my closet at the moment.  Keep in mind, this is only my school closet.

8. Hoodies/Columbia Fleeces
     I know it doesn't sound fashionable, but living in northeast Ohio, it's a must.  There's nothing like coming home after a long day of classes and putting on a hoodie or fleece with a pair of aerie yoga pants and heading to the gym.

7. Michael by Michael Kors
     I recently got this shirt and loved it so much I wanted one in every color.  Unfortunately, there was only one in my size.  I love the asymmetrical neckline and the silver hoop.  The shirt is so soft and made of 95% Supima Cotton and 5% Spandex.

6. Jeans
     I absolutely love my jeans.  I have several pairs, but I do have my top three favorite.  Out of my capris, my favorite pair is a pair by Seven.  They are a darker wash and fit my curves perfectly!  When it comes to skinny jeans, my Levi's are the best.  They have a great fit and look cute when cuffed as well.  And last, but not least, my favorite regular boot cut jeans are my Seven For All Mankind jeans.  They are extremely comfortable, very durable and have a wonderful fit.












5. Romeo & Juliet
     Another thing you don't think of as fashionable is flannel; however, Romeo & Juliet Couture has shown that it can be.  They use pearl colored buttons trimmed in gold that are gorgeous.  What really sets this apart from regular flannel are the two buttons on the back that cinch the shirt in giving it more of a tailored look.  I love to pair this with skinny jeans, especially when traveling because not only is it super comfy, it's cute, too!

4. Cowboy Boots
     Being from West Virginia, I love cowboy boots!  I've been wearing them for a long time.  Far before this country craze; since before people even knew who Taylor Swift was.  This pair is my favorite and it's so old, I can't even tell the brand or remember it.  Twice I've somehow forgotten them at home and called my mom, frantic for her to mail them to me!

3. Kira Plastinina
     I love pink and I love black so when I saw the two of them together, I fell in love with this cropped top.  I usually pair it with a sparkly black tank top and people constantly stop and ask me if it's one piece or separates.  This knit piece is something that can be worn from fall through early spring because it's not extremely heavy.

2. MM Couture by Miss Me
     This is probably one of my favorite purchases.  I was shopping for an Easter dress when the sales associate pulled this for me and I tried it on.  I love everything about this dress from the colors to the waist line and from the one shoulder to the tiers and strips of material on the skirt.

1. Candies Combat Boots
     Over the summer I lived in NYC doing two internships plus school.  For one of my internships I did Celebrity Must Have items.  Combat boots were one of the things I saw numerous celebrities and Broadway actresses wearing and I knew I had to have a pair.  I wear these all the time!  I love them so much.  I pair them with almost everything.  I love them with skinny jeans, jean shorts or even to give a tougher feel to skirts and dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment