Top Knots and Curly Locks

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Mankini: Friend or Foe?

So far, I've mainly talked about women's fashion on here but recently while flipping through one of my magazines I came across a trend for men that I knew I had to share with you....the mankini!  The mankini became popular in 2006 after Sacha Baron Cohen donned a lime green one in the movie "Borat".  Since then, designers such as Alexander McQueen, Emporio Armani and Jeremy Scott have put them on the runway.

I, for one, am not comfortable with a man in a speedo, let alone a man in this type of sling bikini.  Thankfully, this trend has not caught on yet and we can hope that it doesn't.  What do you guys think?

The original mankini
Photo Courtesy of Smaggle

The first two are Alexander McQueen; Emporio Armani
Photo Courtesy of PaperBlog

Jeremy Scott
Photo Courtesy of Beauty Confessional

Photos Courtesy of Trend de la Creme

No comments:

Post a Comment