Top Knots and Curly Locks

Monday, October 27, 2014

Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

Here it is...the long awaited arrival of my pumpkin cheesecake recipe!  Last Tuesday, I learned it was National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day so I decided, that afternoon while at the grocery store, that I needed to celebrate the day!  I made my first ever pumpkin cheesecake and it was delicious.


Ingredients:
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar

For the filling:
3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the crust ingredients together and press onto the bottom and 2/3 of the way up the sides of an 8 inch springform pan.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
In a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add in pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice and mix until smooth.
Pour onto the crust and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until there is just a slight jiggle in the center of the cake.
Turn off oven and crack door to begin cooling.
Once cooled, then put in the refrigerator to chill.
It's important to bring the temperature of the cheesecake down slowly to reduce cracking.
Once chilled, remove from pan, slice and serve.
I added whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of mine!
Enjoy and let me know how yours turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment