Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year in Review: 2014

It's hard to believe that in a matter of hours, it will be 2015.  What a year 2014 was.  I didn't realize just how much happened until I was going through my pictures for this post.  Here's a brief overview of my year.

January
I started the year off by heading to Los Angeles with one of my best friends to attend the Grammys.  This was my second time going to the show and I was so excited to be able to share it with Kyle this year.  It was also the first time I used Rent the Runway and fell in love!

February
I didn't have a Valentine this year, and my little brother's was out of town so we decided to spend the day together.  He'd been dying to dread his hair, so against my better judgement, I helped him.  Then we went to the movies and saw The Neighbors.

March
I received the sweetest message from Dove naming me their Woman Crush Wednesday.  It really means a lot to me because I've used this brand for years.  Also, their note shows they went through my pictures and took time to get to know me and make the message personal.

April
On April 15th, I went for a run.  It wasn't just any run, it was the first anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing.

May
I'd been working at WSAZ for seven months when my mom and little brother finally visited the station and got to see where I spend so much time.  I gave them a tour of the building and Anthony sat behind the anchor desk!

June
It seems like every season on The Bachelor someone goes rappelling down the side of a building, into a cave, something.  Well, this summer, I was given my own chance to rappel.  I was so nervous when the time actually came, but it was so much fun!

July
I had the joy of co-hosting my first ever bridal shower for Mary.  It was such a sweet brunch and the first time several of the bridesmaids met.  I was in charge of the cupcakes and had fun coming up with designs to put them in.

August
Speaking of Mary, we went to Wine and Design in Huntington for the first time in August.  It was so much fun, we laughed the whole night!  Even with our lack of artistic ability, I think our pictures look great!

September
Colbie Caillat brought her tour to Ashland, Kentucky and not only was I lucky enough to go, Mom and I were lucky enough to get tables right at the foot of the stage.  Colbie's voice sounded just like it does on her CDs.  Mom and I both walked away so impressed, not just by her talent, but by how she is such a great role model.

October
It's not every day you have a great hair day so I had to document this one when it happened.  I did my hair the way I always do it, but for some reason it decided to really cooperate.  Now that I know my hair can do this, it has set the bar really high for itself.

November
What a better way to celebrate my 24th birthday than to log into Twitter and see a picture of myself in Times Square!  As promotion for the release of the Sexiest Man Alive issue, People tweeted out for people to send in a picture and they would turn it into a cover.  Then, from those covers, they would select a few to put on a billboard in NYC.  I never imagined my picture would be one of them!

December
My dad and Ella have such a special bond.  He went to China for her adoption after her dad, my mom's cousin, had to have surgery and wasn't able to go.  This picture is from a Christmas party.  My dad had had a tough call week and it was past Ella's bedtime.  We looked over and found the two of them like this.  You know it's serious sleep time when the thumb goes in Ella's mouth.

Thanks for a great year, 2014!  I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store!  Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with me all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment