Top Knots and Curly Locks

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Month Resolutions: January

The past couple of years instead of New Year's Resolutions, I've tried doing New Month Resolutions.  I hate to admit that I haven't done very well with the follow through, but I'm hoping this year will be different.  Now I have you guys to keep me accountable!  I'm hoping that by sharing my monthly resolutions with you, I'll do better following them.  Before, I would try to make my monthly goals but not tell anyone.  Hopefully, now that the goals are out in the open, I'll do better!

Why every month? I hope that by adding in small changes every month, it becomes habit.  I've heard it takes 20-30 times for something to become a habit.  Maybe that's why there are roughly 30 days in every month?  My goal is that by the end of the month, it doesn't feel like an effort.

January New Month Resolutions
1. No phone/ipod while driving:  While I try to never text while actually driving, I'm guilty of responding to texts while I'm at a red light, pressing the next button on my iPod or Shazaming a song.   This month, I'm putting a stop to all of that.  The only time I'm allowing myself to use my phone at all while being the driver in the car is for maps.  I'm terrible with directions so cutting me off from that could end in a disaster.
2. 10,000 steps a day: I got a Fitbit for Christmas and it's shown me just how few steps I take during the day.  It can get tough working as a producer and sitting at a desk all day, but I'm going to make an effort to get up and take more steps.  In the week I've had the Fitbit, the only time I hit 10,000 steps was a day at the mall!  Hey, if that's what it takes! ;)
3. Read 4 books: Last January I read 3 books and this year I challenge myself to read one more.  I'm a big reader, but as I learned last year, working full time definitely hindered my reading time.  What books are on your "to read" list?  After finishing the Friday Night Lights TV show, I have that book on my list as well as My Week With Marilyn.
4. Keep water bottle full: I always take a water bottle to work with me, but when it's empty, I rarely refill it.  I'm going to make an effort in this month to walk to the water fountain as soon as my bottle is empty and fill it up.  Plus, that'll force me to get some extra steps in!

What are your New Year's Resolutions?  Will you be joining me in making it a New Month Resolution instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment