Top Knots and Curly Locks

Monday, January 26, 2015

Makeup Monday: Time to Toss?

My favorite foundation has been discontinued.  Okay, it's been discontinued for a couple years, but I just opened my last tube.  I told my mom and the first thing she did was ask me how old my makeup was.  It got me thinking, how long is too long?  I did a little research and am embarrassed to say most of my makeup is way past its expiration date.

Eye Products:
Mascara: 2-3 months.
     I'm terrible about using mascara forever.  Something I've tried to do is label the top of the lid with the date I open the tube.  I see it everyday so it's a nice reminder to get a new one.
Brow Gel: 12-18 months
Liquid Eyeliner: 6-12 months
Pencil Eyeliner: 2 years
Cream Eyeshadow: 12-18 months
Powder Eyeshadow: 2 years

Face Products:
Concealer: 6-12 months
Liquid Foundation: 6-12 months (whoops!)
Powder Foundation: 2 years
Powder Blush: 2 years
Cream Blush: 12-18 months

Lip Products:
Lip Gloss: 12-18 months
Pencil Lip Liner: 2 years
Lipstick: 2 years

Shower Products:
Loofah: 1 month
Bar Soap: 12-18 months
Body Wash: 12-18 months
Body Scrub: 2 years
Shampoo and Conditioner: 3 years

Skin Care:
Face Wash: 6-12 months
Face Lotion: 12-18 months
Eye Cream: 6-12 months
Face Masks and Peels: 2-3 months
Acne Creams and Washes: 6-12 months
Body Lotion (Pump): 3 years
Body Lotion (Jar): 2 years
Sunscreen: 6-12 months

Miscellaneous:
Hairspray: 3 years
Perfume: 3 years
Nail Polish: 2 years
Nail Files: 2-3 months
Brush Heads: 2-3 months

This is a lot to take in and remember, so I made a picture that you can pin and have as a reminder!



No comments:

Post a Comment