Top Knots and Curly Locks

Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Favorites: NYC Edition

I'm linking up with NarciAndrea and Erika to share this week's Friday Favorites! 

Even though I've been going nonstop since getting to the city, I discovered Love, Lust or Run on TLC.  I love it, lust after the new clothes and want to run to Stacy London and have her go shopping with me!  I'm staying with a friend and we binge watched it last night.  I'd never heard of it before, but I love a good makeover story and instantly became hooked.

I mentioned this show yesterday and I cannot say enough good things about this show.  Playbill's synopsis of the show says: "Jordan Berman would love to be in love, but that's easier said than done.  So until he meets Mr. Right, we wards off lonely nights with his trio of close-knit girlfriends.  But as singles' nights turn into bachelorette parties, Jordan finds that supporting the ones you love can be just as impossible as finding love itself."  As someone who is always a bridesmaid, (4 times in 16 months!) never a bride, I totally related to this show.  I recommend that anyone who is single or feeling lost in life see this show.  I laughed the entire first act and cried the second act.  It's not just a show about trying to find love, it's about trying to find your way in life and navigating friendships after "I do" is said.  If you're in the NYC area, this show is a must see before it closes August 16th.

There is nothing like a Shake Shack burger.  Nothing.  No trip to the city is complete without a visit there.  I always get a cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard and onions with a side of fries.  At Shake Shack, they offer a dessert called a "concrete," it's custard and you can mix in flavors.  Mom and I usually get a vanilla base and add in peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.

There is free kayaking on the Hudson offered almost every day in the city.  There's something so peaceful about taking a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and being out on the river.  I haven't been yet this trip, this is a picture from 2012.  This is such a great experience and better yet -- it's free!  To find out more information and find a location, check out the Downtown Boat House website.

I love visiting the Freedom Tower when I'm in town.  This is such a special, serene place.  Security may be worse than TSA, but it's well worth the screening.  I took this picture back in 2012 and it has been the background on my laptop ever since.  There is such a calmness at the site and it is so quiet.  You can tell that visitors really respect the memorial and are touched by it.

1 comment:

  1. I just tried Shake Shack for the first time recently :) So good! And Stacy London is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete