Top Knots and Curly Locks

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

Now that we're back from the beach, I've been trying to be better about my eating.  If I need a pick me up or just something sweet during the day, I reach for these instead of cookies, cupcakes or cakes. These are great because not only do you curb your sweet tooth, you're getting protein and as well as other health benefits.  The recipe is super easy to put together.

Ingredients:
1 cup oats
1/4 cup hemp seed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup flaxseed
3/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tbs vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together (I usually add the vanilla last so I can control the thickness some)
Once mixed, refrigerate for half an hour
Scoop into 1 inch balls (I use a regular cookie scoop and get about 20)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment