Top Knots and Curly Locks

Thursday, October 1, 2015

New Month Resolutions: October

Last month I had one goal and one goal only.

It's hard to judge exactly how I did on this, but I enjoyed being in New York City for the month and did my best to take it all in.  Now, on to my resolutions for this month.

1. Blog books as I go: Usually I read and at the end of the month, I put together my book review post.  This month, I'm going to switch it up a little.  My review is still going to be at the end of the month, but I'm going to write the post as I go along.  I'm hoping that not only will it be easier for me, it'll make the reviews better since the book will be so fresh in my memory.
2. Read 4 books: And speaking of books, my goal is to read 4 books this month.  That's one more than last year.  Plus, doesn't fall weather just make you want to curl up under a blanket with a cup of tea and read?  Ok, that's me all year, but I'll take any reasoning I can get!
3. Seamless Bible Study: Are any of you ladies participating in the Seamless Bible study?  It started out as a private group two people created hoping to get 50-100 women to partake in the study and has now grown to more than 6,500 women!  The book is sold out on Amazon and my local LifeWay has ordered at least 3 different shipments.  Is God good or what?  Today marked the first day of the study and I'm go excited to see how God works in my life and the lives of the other women over the next 7 weeks.
4. Unpack
Yep, that sounds about right.  I've been home for 2 days and my suitcase is sitting in my room, unzipped and still pretty much packed.  This month, though, I plan to unpack it in a reasonable amount of time.
5. Embrace Fall: This is pretty much just a nice way of saying "Stuff my face with anything labeled 'pumpkin.'"  Also, living in West Virginia, the changing of the leaves is so beautiful.  This month, I'm going to stop and really notice them.

What are your new month resolutions for October?

No comments:

Post a Comment