Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December Book Review

Does anyone else agree with me?  I will now pretend to be Elsa and sing this song every time I enter a bookstore.  I know, I know.  Just when you think you've escaped Frozen, I throw a reference to it on my blog.  Let it go, people! ;) #sorryimnotsorry  And just for kicks, here I am with Elsa herself earlier this year!

If you've never taken a 4-year-old to Disney before, I highly recommend it; it's so magical to see Disney through their eyes.

Anyway, on to this month's book review.  As soon as Thanksgiving hits, I'm all about the Christmas books.

The Christmas Bouquet by Sherryl Woods
I was so excited to read this book after reading the back cover, but was quickly disappointed.  There is no Christmas theme in it except for the fact that Caitlyn, the main character, caught the bouquet at a holiday wedding.  The book was very slow moving and I could not get into it at all.  Caitlyn is extremely whiny and very annoying.  Even through her whining, her boyfriend still worships the ground she walks on.  It's so annoying.  An unplanned pregnancy derails the plans she has for her life and instead of being happy about the baby, she is selfish and whines the whole novel about how she doesn't get to live the life she wanted.  I didn't feel any passion in their romance.  It seemed like Noah was head over heels for Cait, but she didn't care about him at all.  Overall, this was a huge letdown as a Christmas book.

Angels at the Table by Debbie Macomber
My mom has recently gotten into Debbie Macomber books and loaded up on her Christmas ones.  This was a cute read about well-meaning angels Surely, Goodness, Mercy and Will.  They do their best to help two New Yorkers find their chance at love, but some of their best intentions turn disastrous.  It was a sweet read that definitely put me in the Christmas spirit.  And a huge bonus -- the book was set in NYC!

Buffalo Valley by Debbie Macomber
Another sweet Christmas read by Debbie Macomber.  This one is set in a small town and focuses on a man who comes to check out Buffalo Valley as a location for a major corporation.  He ends up falling for the town and the people in a David and Goliath-type story.  This one mentioned a lot of characters and it was hard to keep them straight, but overall, it was a cute book.

What books have you read this month?  I'm always up for suggestions!  Be sure to follow me on Goodreads to keep up with all my reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment