Top Knots and Curly Locks

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Year in Review: 2015

Wow!  What a year 2015 has been!  This year flew by.  2015 saw some big changes, some moves, some trips and lots of laughs and fun.  Here's a look at some of the highlights from 2015.

January
This was the motto to the start of my new year.  In January I did one of the scariest things I've ever done and resigned from my job as a producer without having another job lined up.  I didn't have a plan, but knew I needed a change.  What I was doing wasn't fulfilling to me and I needed something different.  This was my first big-girl job but it was time to move on.

I got to spend time with two of my favorite little guys.  These boys bring be so much happiness and I love getting to watch them grow up.  They knew I worked in the TV industry but didn't understand that I wasn't actually on TV so they would get up early and watch the news looking for me to be on-air.  How sweet is that?

We also got our first snow in January -- and it definitely wasn't the last.  It may have taken us a while to see snow, but when it finally came, it came with a vengeance.  Schools were closed for weeks at a time.

February
In February, I packed up my bags and escaped the snow to head to LA for a week.  I'd never spent that much time out west and loved it.  Plus, it didn't hurt that I went to the Grammys while I was there.

Remember when this happened and I became BFFs with LL Cool J?

I got home from LA just in time to plan a last-minute trip to Disney with my best friend!

Remember all the snow I mentioned earlier?  Well it shut down the airport at home and we HAD to spend 3 more days at the happiest place on earth.  These were our faces when we found out we got to stay longer.

May
In May, I helped host a bridal shower for one of my dear friends.

I was in charge of making the cupcakes and came up with these!

June
June started off with a bang and a last minute trip to Cleveland to see Taylor Swift in concert.  This was my 4th time seeing her on tour and she doesn't disappoint. 

 Bonus: I got to see my big and my best friend.  I hadn't seen either one in more than a year so it was so good to see both of them.

Also in June, Paige got married!  The three of us have been together since before we were born and it's so hard to believe we're growing up and getting married.

August
I got to check "Ride a horse on the beach" off my bucket list in August.  My horse's name was Fire and definitely lived up to the name.  I had so much fun and hope to do it again.

September
September was a crazy month.  I got to work New York Fashion Week for the first time and it was such a surreal experience -- I still have to pinch myself to make sure it really happened.

October
If I thought September was crazy, multiply that by about 1,000 for October.  The month started off with a family friend's wedding.  Heather and Brian are the children of Anthony's godparents and are like big siblings to us.  I can't even tell you the last time the four of us were together so that made Brian's wedding even more special.

A week and a half after the wedding, I packed up my car and headed to New Jersey where I landed an internship with several teen magazines at Bauer Publishing.  Oh, did I mention my parents were in Paris while I moved?  Just add that to the craziness of everything.  Luckily my mom came up to Jersey almost as soon as she landed to help me find an apartment and get settled.

November
I was sent into the city to cover my first-ever event by myself and had so much fun interviewing Cameron Dallas and Nash Grier.

My name also appeared in the masthead for the first time and I was more than a little excited...not just to see my name, but because it's spelled correctly.  My name is never spelled correctly -- it's always "Angelo."

December
My cousin got married!  I was so excited to get to stand up with her on her big day.

Also in December, my best little friend made me the sweetest Christmas present.  She drew me a picture and also wrote me a note -- they're both hanging on my fridge  She did the wrapping herself and was so proud. 

Out of all the times I've been to NYC, I've never seen the tree lit up.  Luckily, Anthony and some of our friends drove me back to Jersey after Christmas and we went into the city and saw it.  I was so glad to get to share the experience with my little brother and get to spend some time with him.

I hope you all had a great 2015 and I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for all of us!  Happy New Year!

1 comment: