Top Knots and Curly Locks

Monday, January 11, 2016

Best and Worst of the Golden Globes 2016

Award season officially kicked off last night with the Golden Globes!  Let's face it, everyone tunes in for the fashion, am I right?  Here's a list of my top 8 best and worst looks from last night.

Worst:
Can you even see a dress on Amanda Peet?  This dress blends in with her skin tone and does nothing for her.

Cate Blanchett wore custom Givenchy but it was a total miss.  It looks like a grandma's silk nightie, no thanks.

Is is just me or does Jane Fonda's Yves Saint Laurent gown look like a lampshade?  I'd like to see the dress without the ruffles at the top.

Other than her abs, I'm not a huge fan of Kate Hudson's look.  I really don't even know where to begin with this.  Is she really wearing a neck piece?  I feel like this outfit is a throwback to something Britney Spears wore in the 90s.

Maggie Gyllenhaal's Marc Jacob's dress looks more like upholstery than it does a red carpet dress.

Melissa McCarthy designed this outfit but it's a miss.  Melissa has lost so much weight and this dress doesn't show that off at all.  This funny girl should stick to acting.

I'm not sure what's going on with Regina King's dress but it's too much.  Between the gold swirls and the cape, this dress just isn't for me.

Rooney Mara's dress is just a mess.  This Alexander McQueen dress washes her out and looks like it was just a bunch of fabric thrown together.  Plus, it looks a lot like Amanda Peet's dress, another miss.

Best:
Brie Larson looked like a Golden Globe in this cutout Calvin Klein dress.

Helen Mirren.  Need I say more?  She was gorgeous in Badgley Mischka.  I love the sheer overlay at the top and the neckline.  So gorgeous.

How hot does Jennifer Lawrence look in Dior?  Just look at those oblique cutouts!!  Totally jealous!

Kate Winslet was classic in Ralph Lauren.

White was THE color of the night and Laverne Cox was no exception in Elizabeth Kennedy. 

Lily James looked like a real life princess in Marchesa.  I love how flow the dress is and the slight cutout in the bust is to die for!

Olivia Wilde looked gorgeous in Michael Kors.  The plunging neckline is perfect plus she had Jason Sudekis on her arm! ;)

Taraji P. Henson is the definition of fierce in this white-hot Stella McCartney dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment