Top Knots and Curly Locks

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Show and Tell: Intro and Resolutions

Happy 2016!  Last year Andrea hosted Show and Tell Tuesdays and I participated in a few of them.  I decided to start the new year out by linking up with her and reintroducing myself and talk about my resolutions.

 
I'm Angela, I'm 25 and I'm a TV/Netflix/singing/reading/music/eating/cooking junkie who's obsessed with Taylor Swift, One Direction, The Bachelor franchise, Broadway and Disney.  When I'm not doing any of those things, I can be found interning at Bauer Publishing for J-14, Girls' World, Animal Tales and Quizfest magazines.  I have two degrees from Kent State University: one in fashion merchandising and the other in magazine journalism.  I'm originally from Huntington, West Virginia (yes, it's its own state!) but recently moved to Westfield, New Jersey.  Family is everything to me and I would be lost without them.  I love the Lord, the color pink, tea, bows, all things sparkly and snail mail.  (I may be 25 but I'm more like 12...or 80!)

As for my New Year Resolutions. I started something a while ago I called New Month Resolutions.  Every month I try to come up with goals or things to do throughout the month and share them with you.  Some of the resolutions become habit and some last just the month -- if I'm lucky!  

One thing I'm really trying to do is to drink between 8 and 16 ounces of water right after I wake up.  I've read about it in every magazine, but something about reading it last week really made it stick.  I did some research and found out that drinking cool water right after you wake up can boost your metabolism by up to 24% for 90 minutes.  Another thing that really caught my attention is that we rarely go 7-8 hours without drinking water during the day, but that's exactly what we're doing while we sleep.  I'd never thought of it that way.

For Christmas, my mom got me a copy of Jesus Calling. Usually I read my devotional at night, but I really want to take the time to read this in the morning and maybe even journal a little after reading the passage for the day.

As for now, these are my main focus.  I can't wait to go through the link up and get to know you better and see your resolutions!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete