Top Knots and Curly Locks

Thursday, July 30, 2015

July Book Review

Because of my New Month Resolutions for July, I didn't read as many books this month.  I read 4 though which is up 1 from last year!

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
I read this book for the first time last year, but the sequel came out this year so, of course, I had to reread the first book.  This book is so relatable; the main character, Lara Jean Song, writes letters to guys she's had a crush on -- ahem, this sounds familiar to me ;) -- as her way of "getting over" them.  When her 5 letters accidentally get mailed, you can imagine her embarrassment.  A fake relationship is quickly formed with one of the guys as a way to really drive in the fact that she's over all of the crushes, even though she may not really be.  Things get complicated when feelings turn real and rumors are spread.  It's an easy read and I loved it just as much the second time around.

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
The second book picks up right where the first one left off as Lara Jean decides to turn the fake relationship she was in into a real one.  However, insecurities creep in when the boyfriend starts spending time with his ex-girlfriend and drama follows.  Mix that in with the fact that one of the boys Lara Jean wrote a letter to comes back into the picture.  I didn't think this book was quite as good as the first one, but it was still enjoyable and a quick, easy read.

Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke
It's time for the winter carnival in Lake Eden and a celebrity chef comes to town for the festivities.  When the celebrity is found murdered in Hannah's bakery, she jumps into action to catch the killer.  Again, this series is a light-hearted mystery.  (Is that even such a thing?  Well, it is now!) The books are easy reads and I feel as though I'm friends with all of the characters.  I love working alongside Hannah to figure out whodunnit???

Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
If only I'd have read this book a few weeks earlier in July because it takes place around July 4th!  I like this book in the series because the person who was murdered is someone we were introduced to earlier in the series and not just a new character brought in to be killed off.  These are fun reads and the recipes included sound delicious!

What books have you read this month?  I'm always up for suggestions!  Be sure to follow me on Goodreads to keep up with all my reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment