Top Knots and Curly Locks

Monday, August 3, 2015

New Month Resolutions: August

Before we get started with this month's resolutions, let's take a look at how I did last month.

1. More God time: This is a hard one to judge because no matter how much time you spend, it's never enough.  That being said, I've been following along with my James: Mercy Triumphs bible study by Beth Moore.
2. Walk dog 2x/week: I didn't succeed on this one.  The first part of the month it was so rainy but the rest of the month, I just didn't.  I did walk her more than usual though.
3. Clean makeup brushes weekly: Again, my brushes didn't get cleaned weekly, but they did get cleaned more than normal.
4. Catch up on magazines: I would call this one a success, just take a look!  I'm down to 5 magazines and one I just got Saturday and haven't had time to read yet.
5. Try a new place in NYC: I tried more than just one new place in NYC and am so glad I did.  We stumbled upon a few places that I can't wait to go back and visit.  To read all about my NYC trip, click here and here.

Now, for this month's resolutions!

1. Jesse's Wedding: I'm in a wedding over Labor Day so this month I need to get everything together: shoes, jewelry, make appointments, all that wedding stuff.
2. Organize Dressers: I tend to just put things on my dressers and then never find an actual place for them.  Not any more, this month will be devoted to cleaning and organizing my dressers.
3. Enjoy Concerts (fewer pics): I'm the person behind her camera at concerts snapping pictures so I won't forget the show.  While I do that, I'm taking focus away from the actual show...you know, the show I paid money to see.  I'm going to a couple shows this month and while taking a handful of pictures is fine, I want to be more present at the concert so I can remember that, not just the pictures.
4. Read 6 books: Last August I read 6 books so I'm challenging myself to read 6 again this summer.  I already have a couple Elin Hilderbrand books bought to take to the beach with me.  You can see my latest book review here and you can follow me on Goodreads to keep up with all my reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment