Top Knots and Curly Locks

Monday, December 21, 2015

12 Cookies of Christmas: Day 12


It's hard to believe we're up to day 12 already.  This cookie might be my favorite solely because it's acceptable to eat it for breakfast.  I rationalize the fact that chocolate chip cookies are okay for breakfast because they're like chocolate chip pancakes, am I right?  No.  Ok.  Well these are totally okay for breakfast.  In fact, they're even called "breakfast cookies."  When I told my mom I was making cookies for breakfast, she said "Interesting."  I wasn't expecting complete fanfare, but at least an "Angela, you're a genius!  You're my favorite child!  Why did it take you so long to come up with this?"  Once she found out what a hit they were, she was texting me asking me to bring her some all the way from Jersey to Miami, Florida.  I had some on the plane for her, but I ate them all.  Whoops!  And the best part about this recipe is you can add whatever you want (or don't want) into it.  I've had people add in a cup each of raisins and chocolate chips, but it's totally up to you.


Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups oats
1 cup craisins
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (I used walnuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter and both sugars
Add in eggs and blend well
Add in vanilla and almond extracts and blend well
Slowly add in baking soda, cinnamon and flour
Add in oats
Add in the remaining ingredients
Drop dough by the heaping tablespoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Bake for 12-14 minutes
Move to wire rack to cool
Enjoy!

Missed out on the other 12 Cookies of Christmas? Check them out here!
Day 4: Appledoodle

No comments:

Post a Comment