Top Knots and Curly Locks

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Rose Recap: The Bachelor Episode 3


The episode starts out with some of the girls talking about Olivia and how much money she spent on clothes to come on the show.  Excuse me, but what 23-year-old news anchor can afford to drop $40,000 on clothes for the show?  I worked in the news industry and know the ballpark salaries.  Meteorologists everywhere wore this dress for a reason:

It's $23 and journalists don't get paid much!

Lauren B. gets the first 1-on-1 date and the card says "The sky's the limit..."  I was a little underwhelmed with their date.  Lauren's a flight attendant, she's in planes a lot.  I realize this isn't her usual plane 

But still...  It would have been cool if they did some tricks or something, but they didn't.  Ben and Lauren flew over the mansion which must have been super awkward for everyone.  Then they were dropped off at a random hot tub in the middle of nowhere.

I guess I can't complain much because it did get us this shot.

The two of them are really sweet together.  You can tell Ben feels comfortable around her and he even opens up and tells Lauren about his dad and how he had to have heart surgery right before filming started.  Lauren gets the rose and Ben has one more surprise in store...

A private concert with Lucy Angel.  Don't worry, Lauren, I don't know who they are either and I like country music!  I know we're only 3 episodes in, but so far, every episode has had a date ending in a private concert.  I wish real-life dates were like that.

At one point during the date, Ben is being interviewed and he talks about how Lauren is a mystery to him.  I then yelled at the TV, "Of course she's a mystery.  Every girl is a mystery.  You've known them for 3 days!"

Let me just start by saying how jealous I am of this group date!  I grew up playing soccer and love to watch the sport.  Plus, Alex Morgan is totally my girl crush (it doesn't hurt that her jersey number is 13)!  Ben + Alex + soccer = Insanely Jealous Angela!

Let's be generous and say the girls were subpar at soccer -- and remember, that's being nice!  The girls were funny to watch, but watching Ben watch them was even better.

The game ends in a tie, of course, and the Stripes win in sudden death and get to continue on to the evening portion of the date while the Stars are sent back to the mansion.

As soon as everyone sits down, Olivia steals Ben away and takes him to the balcony where she flaunts the fact that she has alone time with him.  Ever the gentleman, Ben suggests they head back inside.  I'm not really sure what all is said during their time, I got bored.  Olivia talked a lot about herself and how people find her intimidating.  There was also some kissing.  (What happened to not taking Chris' advice?!?)

While Olivia is off with Ben, the girls sit around and talk about her.  The worst they can do is talk about how she has bad toes.  Really?  That's the best you can come up with?  At least in Emily's in the moment she says Olivia has bad breath and fake boobs.  That's a lot better than talking about someone's toes.  Jami then runs and tattles to Olivia about what they said.  We saw a lot of Jami this episode and she kind of got on my nerves.

Amber finally gets some 1-on-1 time with him and she says this time around is different because she knows what she wants and that she's hopeful.  All this pays off because she ends up getting the group rose.

Olivia was all about the subtle signs he gives her this week.  She's convinced that him touching her leg as he got up was his way of telling her that he feels the same way about her.  In her mind, he does this to her and no one else because he knows that she gets them.  Maybe he just needed help getting up.  Ever think of that, Liv?

Jubilee gets the last 1-on-1 date and this is her face when she finds out.  She thinks Ben has a type of "nice" girls.  She's worried that she isn't Ben's type.  Shouldn't that be a sign that maybe you should be a nice girl then?  According to Jubilee, Ben is late picking her up for the date and that doesn't fly with her -- she even calls him out for it in front of everyone.

During this exchange and Jubilee trying to be funny and play down her excitement, Jami coins my favorite word of the night: awko-taco.  Anyway, back to the date.  A helicopter comes to pick them up and Jubilee starts freaking out.  Turns out she's afraid of heights and even goes so far as to ask the girls if any of them want to go on her date -- as you can imagine, that didn't sit well with the other girls.

After arriving to their date location, Ben and Jubilee eat some caviar and this is her reaction:
That's right, she spits it out.  I'm not sure I could stomach it either, but c'mon, politely decline or discreetly spit it out -- don't make a scene.

Jubilee then starts talking about how she has trouble talking around Ben and it's just a bunch of word vomit and weird noises.  Honestly, I was more focused on how much distance was between them instead of what she was saying.

I mean look at all that space!  They more than make up for it in the hot tub though.  Seriously, Ben, again with all the kissing?  Jubilee rambles on and on about how she's so glad he laughed when she called him "white boy" and how he never laughs.  Excuse me?  Are we talking about the same person?  He always has a little boy grin and is laughing.  She obviously didn't see him on the soccer date!

During dinner, Jubilee opens up more about her past and being adopted but all I'm so distracted by her nails.  They need to go.
She ends up getting the rose and then very awkwardly hugs him/sits on his lap/kisses him.  I don't know, I'm just not seeing it.  All the girls are shocked that she comes home from the date, too.

It's time for the cocktail party and you can tell Ben is upset when he walks in.  He then goes onto say that two people he was close with have passed away.  Naturally, Olivia steals him away and instead of trying to comfort him, she starts crying that she has cankles.  I wish I was lying, but I'm serious.  She says she tries to be strong all the time, but it's the scariest thing ever and people have written blogs about her cankles.  Again, I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

Thank goodness Amanda comes to the rescue.  I knew we could count on this momma to listen to Ben and comfort him.  Jubilee decides to comfort him by giving him a massage.
I'm not going to lie, it was awko-taco watching this.  I can't even imagine the other girls watching it in person.  The girls are fed up and Jami steps in to take Ben away.  Meanwhile, Amber decides that she and the other girls want to call Jubilee out.  Mainly, Amber just wants to stir up the drama and get some camera time.  Jubilee wants nothing to do with this confrontation and ends up crying in the bathroom.  Ben follows her in there and so does Amber.

Can we say awko-taco?  Amber tries to get Jubilee to stop crying before she lays into her.  Amber tells them that girls were mad at Jubilee's comment and things seemed off between them.  Not the best conversation to have in front of the guy you're trying to impress.  Ben speaks up for Jubilee and says what he likes about her   That obviously didn't go the way Amber planned.

Before the rose ceremony starts, Lace pulls Ben aside.  (Guys, I promise she's not crazy! ;) )  Anyway, she tells him that she's mad at herself for the way she's acted and that she needs to work on and love herself before she can love someone else and that it's time for her to leave.  I don't know about you, but I did not see this one coming, especially after the whole last show was centered around her.

Next up, it's rose ceremony time.  Lauren B., Amber and Jubilee are already safe.  The other women who get roses are: Lauren H., Amanda, Becca, Haley, Emily, Rachel, Caila, Jojo, Jennifer, Lean and last but not least Olivia.  The two sent packing are Sushanna and Jami.  Also, Olivia says that Ben "just squeezed my waist a little" which means that he can't give her everything all the time but he knows she can handle that.

Be sure to get caught up on my other Rose Recaps:

What were your thoughts on the episode?  Who are your frontrunners?  I can't wait for next week and more awko-taco (sorry, I couldn't help myself, I had to do it one more time!) moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment