Top Knots and Curly Locks

Sunday, December 21, 2014

12 Cookies of Christmas: Day 10

My mom deserves all the credit for these cookies.  I was at work last night and didn't have a cookie set for today.  Well, my sweet mother surprised me and made these.  (Really, I think she just wanted in on the action and the bragging rights, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.)  This is a recipe she used to make with my Nana when she was younger.  Since my grandmother is no longer with us, any questions we had about the recipe had to be taken to the internet, instead, but they're just as good!


Graham Cracker Pralines

Ingredients:
12 graham crackers
2 cups butter
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and top with parchment paper
Break graham crackers and place on sheet
Melt butter on stove
Add in brown sugar and bring to a boil, boil for 2 minutes
Remove from heat and mix in pecans and coconut
Spread mixture over crackers
Bake 12-15 minutes
The graham crackers will appear soft, but will set up as they cool

Missed out on the other 12 Cookies of Christmas?  Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment